Growl Fork is a notification system that can display information from a variety of apps. For example, you can be notified that you have new email, or that a download completed.
- bitbucket.org/pmetzger/growl is an unofficial patched version of the Growl 1.2.x sources taken from the last available public source tree. It is maintained by Perry Metzger.
- The branch builds cleanly under XCode 4.1. As provided, it constructs binaries that run only under Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion”, though people running Snow Leopard are probably better off using the official 1.2.x binaries anyway.
- This branch also incorporates a patch for HardwareGrowler.app, which otherwise crashes on Lion if your WiFi adapter changes state.
- None of this work is official, it is not endorsed by the growl.info folks, it is not guaranteed to work at all.
- (The tip of this tree is the “fork-1.2” branch, which was branched from the “maintenance-1.2” branch. The “default” branch seems to be old and unused.)
- On my own machines, I am running the growl prefpane itself, HardwareGrowler and GrowlTunes, but I wouldn’t call that “extensive testing”, and I haven’t properly tested the other Extras — you have been warned!
Intel, Mac OS X 10.7 or later